Overview AW-HN40HWEJ (White)
Excellent HC images via HDMI, USB and IP, plus HD via HD-SDI
The AW-HN40 series of integrated full HD cameras perform in a wide variety of onsite shooting applications that require high-quality video, such as conferences, lecture capture and other events, thanks to its high-performance zoom, wide angle of view and outstanding colour reproducibility.
Full HD camera with integrated pan-tilt for lectures, weddings and a wide variety of applications.
The AW-HE40 series of integrated full HD cameras performs in a wide variety of onsite shooting applications that require high-quality video, such as conferences, lecture capture and other events, thanks to its high-performance zoom, wide angle of view and outstanding color reproducibility.
In addition to IP video transmission, support for PoE+
Developed 1/2.3-type MOS Sensor
Equipped with a developed 1/2.3-type MOS sensor and DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for high sensitivity and high resolution.
High Performance Optical 30x Zoom Lens/Super Resolution 40x Zoom
In addition to a 30x optical zoom, the AW-HE40 series can zoom up to 40x while maintaining high resolution thanks to Super Resolution technology. It also features a 16x digital zoom and a 1.4x digital extender, which enables the AW-HE40 series to shoot in large conference halls and classrooms.
In addition to a 30x optical zoom, the HN40 also features intelligent zoom up to 40x and a 1.4x digital extender to capture crisp close-ups even in large auditoriums and lecture halls. The HN40 delivers an impressive signal-to-noise ratio of 54dB (F4/2000lx, minimum illumination, .35 lx), 1000 TV lines of resolution and 16-axis colour matrix control for precise camera “painting” and matching.
Night Mode (supports automatic switching)
Switching to Night Mode makes shooting possible even in low light conditions in which shooting is normally difficult, such as when observing wildlife. The AW-HN40 series can also be set to switch to the mode automatically depending on surrounding light levels.
Equipped with High Dynamic Range (HDR) Mode
In addition to conventional Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) and Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), the AW-HE40 series are newly equipped with High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode. When shooting and synthesizing two images with differing exposure times, the AW-HN40 series can create video with high visibility that corrects for halation and black defects even under backlit conditions.
Outputs Still Image During Preset Movements; Supports One-Camera Operations
The new Freeze During Preset function enables to freeze the video during preset playback. The immediately preceding still image is output during preset movements so that the swiveling movement is not displayed, making operations possible with one camera.
The HN40 already includes many innovative standard features developed to expand the capabilities of professional video system users. In addition to Panasonic's Dynamic Range Stretch (DRS) and advanced Digital Noise Reduction (DNR), an ingenious High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode helps to produce very good video even in extreme contrast and lighting conditions.
Video Outputs: Standard professional interfaces include HDMI, as well as IP/Network for single cable delivery of high-quality content up to 1080/60p.
Audio Input: Audio input and embedding (on IP, HDMI) are also available via a switchable, stereo MIC/LINE input.
Serial Control: RS-422 serial compatibility is available for serial-based control workflows (i.e. connection to AW-RP50/120 or previous controllers). RS-232 and RS-422 VISCA protocol are available when introducing a Panasonic camera into an existing control structure.
USB or microSD Card Recording: The mini-USB connector allows the AW-HN40 to be utilized as a USB camera utilizing standard USB Video/Audio class drivers. Many applications that connect to USB cameras, such as teleconferencing or software switching solutions, will be able to connect to the HN40 without external converters. Alternatively, microSD recording enables ISO MP4/H.264 recording internally in the HN40, transfer of content over the network via web browser or FTP.
Network Connected: The LAN port on the HN40 unleashes the possibilities:
- Power of Ethernet+ (PoE+) for easier system installation and setup
- Control the camera via the network with an AW-RP50/120 hardware controller or Panasonic software solutions
- Access the built-in web interface to monitor and control all aspects of the camera
- Utilize a supported third-party control system from broadcast control systems, switchers, lecture capture systems, AV Control system and more
- By default, the camera has a built-in H.264/MJPEG encoder for 7 channels of encoding up to 25Mbps. Pair with a supported hardware or software decoder
- Built-in NDI|HX (a technology of NewTek Inc.) for the ultimate single cable production workflow with Ultra-low latency video, audio, control, tally, and power over a single cable
This product is part of our optional three year warranty program. This program is enhancing one of the best service programs in the industry and offers all customers the best after-sales service possible.
- Built in Support for NDI via NDI|HX
- 1/2.3-type MOS sensor
- PoE+ for Single Cable Power, Control, Streaming & Tally
- 1000 Lines of Horizontal Resolution
- 30 x optical zoom (10x digital zoom + Digital Extender)
- Night Mode*1 - Supports automatic switching
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode
- HDMI Video Output Format: 1080/50p, 1080/59,94p, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94i, 1080/25p, 1080/29.97p, 1080/25psF, 1080/29.97psF, 720/50p, 720/59.94p
- Freeze During Preset Function
- IP connection allows control of up to 100 AW-HN40 units by using AW-RP50E
- IP Image output function allows Image monitoring by IP connection with a PC
- Preset memory of up to 100 positions
- Available in pearl white or metallic black
- Easy installation thanks to use of turn-lock mechanism
*1 optional IR Light needed
What is NDI?
NDI (Network Digital Interface) technology has been developed by NewTek, it is made available to anyone with a royalty-free license, and has been widely adopted by many broadcast vendors. NDI is becoming a de facto standard in the live production industry. NDI revolutionizes video production workflow by removing the physical I/O constraints of traditional broadcast infrastructure. Any NDI-enabled device on the network can see and access content from all other devices, allowing more sources than ever before to be used for live production.
What is the specification of NDI|HX?
NDI is designed to run over existing 1 Gigabit networks, allowing easy adoption of the protocol without new infrastructure. This is achieved through the use of video compression with the NDI|HX codec, which delivers 1080 Full HD video at data rates typically around 15Mbps. NDI|HX is a 4:2:0 8-bit codec, based on H.264 compression. It supports 1080p and 720p, at different frame rates. Factory default mode is 1080/25p at 10Mbps.