The U-TAP 3G-SDI USB 3.0 capture devices brings professional connectivity and high quality video capture to your laptop or workstation. U-TAP SDI is bus powered with the ability to simply and easily bring in video across 3G-SDI for use within a wide range of software without any drivers to install, as it’s supported directly in macOS X®, Windows® and Linux®.
- Compact and Portable
- 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/424 Looping Input
- USB 3.0 connection to desktop or laptop
- Bus Powered through USB 3.0 interface
- Embedded Stereo Audio support
- Supported by OS on macOS, Windows and Linux
- 3 year warranty
U-TAP SDI offers easy, cost effective and portable solutions for plug and play capture that is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux operating systems and a broad range of creative applications. From video conferencing, streaming, social media, gaming and more, U-TAP SDI offers powerful functionality without requiring any third party driver software.
U-TAP SDI is smaller than a smartphone, with USB connectivity that provides a quick and easy way to connect SDI sources for capture, without the need to install additional software drivers. Small enough to carry anywhere with you, its bus powered USB connectivity ensures you will never be looking for a power source.
U-TAP SDI provides an SDI looping output, allowing you to loop through the source SDI signal to monitors, switchers and more. U-TAP SDI supports frame rates up to 1080p 60, for your HD High Frame Rate (HFR) projects.
Rugged and Reliable
U-TAP is small, rugged, reliable and backed by AJA's world renowned support. Small enough to fit in your pocket and with no power supply to carry, it can go with you anywhere.
Silence defined with no fans or moving parts, U-TAP won't detract from the recording or streaming experience, but quietly enhance it with automatic video scaling and aspect ratio conformity based on your application’s requirements, all the way up to 1080p 60.
Applied Application Simplicity
U-TAP SDI is UVC and UAC compatible on Mac, Windows and Linux, negating the need for additional drivers. This ensures compatability with a wide range of professional software applications and a seamless integration between the native software and AJA’s high quality hardware letting you focus on the work, not the technology
Industry Leading Support
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your U-TAP installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
U-TAP products are covered by a generous three year warranty. Please see the individual Product’s Manual for additional specifics around warranty conditions for the product itself.
- Video (SDI)
- (HD) 1920 x 1080p 50, 59.94, 60 (Level A or B-DL)
- (HD) 1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- (HD) 1920 x 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1280 x 720p 50, 59.94, 60
- (SD) 625i 50
- (SD) 525i 59.94
- YCbCr, 4:2:2, 10-bit
- Scaled (USB), Frame rates for all formats: 7.5, 15, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- 1920 x 1080p
- 1440 x 1080p
- 1280 x 720p
- 1024 x 576p
- 960 x 540p
- 856 x 480p
- 800 x 600p
- 768 x 576p
- 720 x 576p
- 720 x 480p
- 640 x 480p
- 640 x 360p
- 432 x 240p
- 352 x 288p
- 320 x 240p
- 176 x 144p
1. PsF formats are not supported.
2. Host system specifications/performance will govern what video formats are possible.
Video Input Digital
- 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/424, YCbCr 4:2:2 (1x BNC)
Video Loop Output
Audio Input Digital
- 2-channel, 24-bit SDI embedded audio, 48 kHz sample rate
- 16-bits/pixel, YUV (input video will be truncated as required)
- 2-channel, 16-bit, 48 kHz sample rate (input audio will be truncated as required)
- USB 3.0/USB 2.0 UVC/UAC compliant
Size (w x d x h)
- 4.1" x 2.4" x 1.0" (104.14 x 60.96 x 25.4 mm)
- 5V USB bus powered; 4W max
- Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 C (32 to 104 F)
- Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 C (-40 to 140 F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
- Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)