The HB-T-SDI and HB-R-SDI offer an easy solution for extending SDI signals up to 100 meters over Cat 5 (or better) cable, utilizing the industry standard HDBaseT protocol. Bi-directional IR and RS-232 for device control is also supported, making these Mini-Converters ideal in a variety of scenarios including: fixed installation AV, digital signage, live events, postproduction/network/studio environments and on-set.
- HDBaseT certified signal extender
- Converts HDBaseT to 3G-SDI
- Extend uncompressed SDI signals up to 100m over Cat 5 (or better) cable
- Configure via USB port and supplied Mini-Config software
- IR IN and OUT
- RS-232 device control connection
Universal Power Supply
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
Compact and Portable
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack, or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
Industry Leading Support
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mini-Converter installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mini-Converter products are covered by a generous five year warranty. Please see the individual Product’s Manual for additional specifics around warranty conditions for the product itself.
Print Tech Specs
- (2K) 2048 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1920 x 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 720p 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60
- (SD) 625i
- (SD) 525i
*PsF formats are converted to progressive outputs over the HDBaseT link
- HDBaseT Cable Run Performance for 4K/UltraHD/HDW x HFrame RateColor
SamplingMax. Cable LengthMax. Bit
DepthCat 5e/6Cat 6a/71920 x 1080< 30 fps4:2:2100 meters100 meters16-bit> 30 fps4:2:2100 meters100 meters12-bit4:2:270 meters100 meters16-bit2048 x 1080< 30 fps4:2:2100 meters100 meters16-bit> 30 fps4:2:2100 meters100 meters12-bit4:2:270 meters100 meters16-bit3840 x 2160< 30 fps4:4:470 meters100 meters8-bit> 30 fps4:2:070 meters100 meters8-bit4096 x 2160< 30 fps4:4:470 meters100 meters8-bit> 30 fps4:2:070 meters100 meters8-bit
- 3G-SDI Embedded Audio
- 8-Channels (4 pairs) of SDI embedded audio supported, select from 16-Channels (8 pairs)
- 1x 3.5mm TRS Input for RS-232/VISCA bidirectional signals
- 1x 3.5mm TRS Input for IR Input
- 1x 3.5mm TRS Input for IR Output
Size (w x d x h)
- 4.0” x 4.6” x 1.0” (101.6 x 116.84 x 25.4 mm)
- +5 to 20V DC regulated, 9 watts max., AJA external power supply model DWP-U-R1, 100-240V, 50/60 Hz universal input
- Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 C (32 to 104 F)
- Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 C (-40 to 140 F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
- Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)