Distribution of an optical signal to multiple sources without the need for electrical conversion.
Single 1×2, 1×4, 1×8 and Dual 1×2, 1×4 Passive Optical Splitters
Optical splitters take an optical signal and split it into two or more outputs and functions like a distribution amplifier. The optical power at the input is split to the outputs at an even ratio:
- a 1×2 splitter will output 50% of the input’s power on each output
- a 1×4 splitter will output 25% of the input’s power on each output
- a 1×8 splitter will output 12.5% of the input’s power on each output
Optical splitter modules use passive optical circuits. The modules fit the OG3-FR frame but draw no power. With no active components, modules offer a very high level of reliability.
- Maximum input loss of 4dB on 50% split, 8dBm on 25% split, and 11dBm on 12.5% split
- Optical input range: 1270nm to 1620nm
- Passive modules contain no active components and offer very high reliability
- Latching rear module to prevent accidental removal
- Optical input / output connection: LC / UPC
- Fits OG3-FR frame, no power required
- 5-year transferable warranty