AJA’s ROI-HDMI Mini-Converter allows exceptionally high quality conversion of computer and HDMI outputs to baseband video over SDI at an affordable price and a very portable size. With extensive audio functionality, incredible image scaling as well as aspect and frame rate conversion, ROI-HDMI fulfills the growing need to properly incorporate computer signals into the video world without sacrificing budget or space.
- Scan Converter
- HDMI input with loop through
- 3G-SDI output
- Supports SD, HD, and 3G formats (see Tech Specs for complete list)
- Region of Interest scaling
- Up, down, cross-conversion
- Aspect ratio conversion
- Frame rate conversion
- Image H/V flip and 90 degree rotation
- 2-channel embedding of balanced analog audio inputs or 2-channel or 8-channel HDMI audio
- Sync reference selection (External, or Free-run)
- Configure via USB port and supplied Mini-Config software
- Uses 5-18VDC power (universal power supply included)
- Five year warranty
Region of Interest
Eliminate extra interface clutter and menu bars and extract only the portion of the computer screen you want.
Connecting a ROI Mini-Converter via USB to a computer running the free Mini-Config application lets you interactively select a Region of Interest from the incoming computer signal and have full control over how that region is scaled to the output resolution using AJA’s high quality scaling algorithms for the cleanest picture quality possible.
ROI Window Wall Workflow
You're able to easily create highly effective and engaging displays by using additional ROI-HDMI mini-converters. By utilizing three ROI-HDMI mini-converters you can feed three display monitors side by side, each rotated to portrait mode. By using the HDMI pass through of the ROI-HDMI, the HDMI routed image is in sync, with each ROI-HDMI providing the necessary region of interest output via SDI. The result is a visually exciting and creative way to feed display content.
ROI Video Wall Workflow
It is also possible to expand output options and create a large, synchronized video wall display. In this workflow diagram you can see a HD video source in the Ki Pro Ultra 12G is being fed directly to a KUMO 3232 router. The KUMO 3232 can pass the same, synchronized signal to each of the nine ROI-HDMI's. The individual region of interest is output via SDI to the nine video monitors. Immense flexibility can be achieved with ease, with the same solution being scalable to up to 25 monitors as a 5 x 5 video wall. To go larger simply use the KUMO 6464 and create walls of up to 64 screens in an 8 x 8 video wall, all from a single HD source.
Take full control of aspect ratio and frame rate conversion with on-screen controls in the Mini-Config software that show you exactly what your source and output will look like and what formats are coming in and going out. Simple menu controls let you quickly choose the proper output for any situation.
ROI utilizes a direct loop through, allowing it to be placed in-line so you still have a connection to an external monitor while extracting to SDI. The reference input ensures the SDI signal out of ROI is locked for use throughout a production or facility.
ROI accepts 2-channel audio from the 3.5mm analog audio input or embedded 8-channel audio from an HDMI input. The audio source and routing can be selected in the Mini-Config software and is embedded in the SDI output. This allows computer audio to be embedded within the SDI signal for easy, synchronized routing.
Universal Power Supply
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
Compact and Portable
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack, or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
Information on the complete line of AJA Mini-Converters is now available as a mobile app on iOS. The Mini-Converter product line is extensive and this app helps you find the right converter for any situation, wherever you are.
Individual products have links back to the main AJA website for more details and you can email product information directly from the app. The free AJA Mini-Matrix app for iPad® and iPhone® is available now in the Apple iTunes® Store.
Industry Leading Support
AJA’s technical support is recognized as among the best in the industry and is available to all AJA customers. If you need assistance with any aspect of your Mini-Converter installation, configuration, operation or encounter any technical issue, AJA Support will work with you to get up and running.
Mini-Converter products are covered by a generous five year warranty. Please see the individual Product’s Manual for additional specifics around warranty conditions for the product itself.
Video Input Formats
- Computer Signals:
- WUXGA (1920 x 1200) 60 Hz max
- VGA (640 x 480) minimum
- Video Signals:
- (HD) 1920 x 1080i 50, 59.94
- (HD) 1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1280 x 720p 50, 59.94, 60
- (SD) 625i, 525i
- (SD) 580p, 480p
Note: Frame rates limited by the 166 mHz max pixel rate of the HDMI receiver.
Video Output Formats
- (HD) 1920 x 1080p 50, 59.94, 60, SMPTE 425-1 Level A mapping structure 1 (4:2:2 10-bit YCbCr)
- (HD) 1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- (HD) 1920 x 1080i 50, 59.94, 60
- (HD) 1280 x 720p 50, 59.94, 60
- (SD) 625i 25
- (SD) 525i 29.97
- Supported reference video inputs include:
- 1080i tri-level sync
- 1080p tri-level sync
- 720p tri-level sync
- 625i Color Black
- 525i Color Black
- 75 ohm terminating
- 1x HDMI input connector (with embedded audio, up to 8 channels)
- 1x HDMI loop through connector (with embedded audio, up to 8 channels
- 3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/424, 1x BNC
- ROI-HDMI does not encode the HDMI output with HDCP encryption
- ROI-HDMI does not accept HDCP input
- 1x Analog 3.5mm TRS, 2-channel
- HDMI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8 channel
- SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, 2-channel or 8 channel
- USB port used with supplied cable and Mini-Config software application to configure device via Mac or Windows
Size (w x d x h)
- 5.77" x 4.02" x 0.90" (146.56 x 102.11 x 22.86 mm)
- Uses AJA power supply model DWP-U-R1, included with purchase
- 100-240V, 50/60 Hz Universal input
- +5 to 20V DC regulated, 8 watts max
- Safe Operating Temperature: 0 to 40 C (32 to 104 F)
- Safe Storage Temperature (Power OFF): -40 to 60 C (-40 to 140 F)
- Operating Relative Humidity: 10-90% noncondensing
- Operating Altitude: <3,000 meters (<10,000 feet)