Overview BM5 mkIII
The BM5 mkIII is the next generation of the tremendously successful BM5A MKII.
The BM5 mkIII is the next generation of the tremendously successful BM5A MKII. With greater SPL, broader frequency and power response compared to the previous model, its ultra-high dynamic range and hand-crafted drivers deliver performance superior to many larger, more expensive monitors.
Large diameter voice coil surrounds the magnet for superior linearity. Aluminum voice coil former and wire are low mass so transient response is quick and accurate. Diaphragm and dust cap are moulded as one piece in patented low-mass, highly rigid Magnesium Silicate Polymer providing unrivaled accuracy.
- 7" Nearfield Monitor
- Handcrafted drivers with aluminum voice coils
- Class-D Amplification with DSP
- Flexible operation with XLR and RCA inputs
- Made in Denmark
Specification sheet for Classic BM Range part 2
- System: Two-way Active Precision Nearfield Monitor
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 42Hz – 24kHz
- Input level for 85 dB SPL @ 1m: 100mVrms
- Max SPL 1m, normal room: 118dB peak
- Power consumption: Standby: 0.3W Idle: 5.8 Max: 94 W
- Amplifier power: Tweeter: 50W Woofer: 50W
- Resonance Frequency: 45Hz
Specification sheet for Classic BM Range part 1
- Principle: Bass reflex
- Crossover Frequencies: 1900Hz
- Crossover Slope: 12dB/oct
- Tweeter: D-281 - 28 mm soft dome, rear chamber, magnetic fluid 4 mm aluminum front Pure aluminum wire voice coil
- Woofer: 165mm molded aluminum frame/ one piece thermo formed MSP cone 75 mm voice coil with pure aluminum wire on aluminum former
- Weight: 7,7kg / 16.9lbs
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 186 x 320 x 296mm / 7.3" x 12.5" x 11.6"