AJA’s HA5-12G converts an HDMI 2.0 input to 12G-SDI for 4K/UltraHD single link outputs. HA5-12G includes two 12G-SDI distribution amplifier outputs with eight or two channels of embedded audio from an HDMI source or two-channel analog audio (RCA) input.
HA5-12G also supports Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) emulation which ensures the connected source continuously supplies custom preferred video formats on output.
A HA5-12G-T Fiber SFP-equipped model is a single channel transmitter capable of extending HDMI 4K/UltraHD signals over long distances, up to 10km over a single Fiber link. HA5-12G-T ships with a FiberLC-1T-12G SFP installed and includes all functionality of the HA5-12G, with the added benefit of extending audio and video signals further.
- Convert HDMI 2.0b up to 4K/UltraHD 60p to 12G-SDI with a second mirrored output
- Supports up to 60p input at 4:4:4/4:2:2/4:2:0
- HDMI EDID Emulation
- Two Sample Interleave (2SI) 4K/UltraHD source mapping
- Analyzes HDR Infoframe data coming in over HDMI in accordance with HDMI v2.0b/CTA-861-G
- Embedded audio can be selected from the HDMI or Analog audio inputs
- The Lock LED adjacent to the HDMI input connector indicates by color the detected signal type. Off is no signal, Green is SD-SDI, Red is HD-SDI, Amber is 3G-SDI, Purple is 6G-SDI, and Blue is 12G-SDI.
- Configure via USB port and supplied AJA Mini-Config software
- Uses 5-16 VDC power (DWP-U-R1 universal power supply included)
- USB port used with Mini-Config software application to configure the device via PC/Mac
- Covered by five year warranty and AJA's advanced replacement policy
HDR, or High Dynamic Range, provides the ability to display a wider and richer range of colors, much brighter whites, and much deeper, darker blacks than standard signals allow. This gives your imagery a more ‘dynamic’ look and allows for natural true to life colors to be communicated to your audience.
HA5-12G provides support for analyzing HDR infoframe data coming in over HDMI when used with AJA Mini-Config software.
4K and UltraHD
Typical 4K signals use a resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels while UltraHD signals measure 3840 x 2160. This difference can prevent some monitors from being used either in full 4K workflows or in UltraHD workflows. HA5-12G can compensate for these resolution differences, allowing UltraHD monitors to be used in 4K productions and vice versa.
HA5-12G also supports High Frame Rate (HFR) inputs. 4K/UltraHD signals at 50 or 60 fps can be fed into HA5-12G and output at up to 60p for viewing with appropriate HDMI 2.0 capable displays.
Full HDMI Support
The equalized input on HA5- 12G is engineered to support HDMI runs up to 30 meters in length using 24 gauge cable. Embedded HDMI audio support allows for a single cable solution to avoid unnecessary clutter and simplify installation.
The 12G-SDI outputs on HA5-12G allows extremely high quality signal representation for use with large raster and deep color workflows where image quality is critical.
Pristine Image Quality
A 12G-SDI output with PLL clock filtering ensures a low jitter output for solid image stability. An LED indicator shows the input source as either SD (green), HD (red) or 4K/UltraHD (orange) for fast and easy signal identification.
Analog audio input
Using the two RCA analog audio inputs, embed any 2-Channel analog audio signal into the SDI output to maintain proper audio sync throughout the workflow.
HA5-12G accepts progressive standard definition signals at 525p and 625p for compatibility with DSLR cameras, allowing the signal from those cameras to be easily incorporated into SDI workflows.
Universal Power Supply
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a universal power supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
Compact and Portable
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.